Friday, December 3, 2010

Memories and oysters!!!!

I can remember going to my Grandmommie Norris' house every Thanksgiving and Christmas ( I am sure we went other holidays...these are the two that bring back all of my memories).....my dad had four brothers and sisters with their spouses and children...we had close to thirty people for our get together...My grandmother lived in a great old farm house on many many acres (did not quite appreciate it back then like I do now) in the middle of nowhere...Ft.Deposit, AL ( I would love to live there now).  We would pull into the drive way and have to cross a cattle crossing?? over the driveway and I would head straight to the barn.  That is where ALL the action was.  There was always adults and older cousins eating oysters ( I think I had my first oyster when I was 4) and the kids were playing in the hay bales, climbing to the very top of the barn and jumping off....GREAT TIMES!!  My best friend/cousin and I were like glue..John Michael and I were inseparable (not necessarily a good thing..we got into a lot of trouble together)....He is no longer on earth with us but a lot of my childhood memories include him....I miss him often!  SO....after getting sad and I am getting back to my point:  OYSTERS!  My sweet husband went all the way to Dothan, AL picked up oysters for ME and brought them home...with crackers and hot sauce in hand!  I love this really cold time and eating oysters .....it brings back all of these old memories and some more recent ones.  Last year in December, you could find the two of us on our front porch with a fuel jet heater...and he was shucking me oysters.  I love them almost as much as I love COKE!!! And for those of you that know me well...you know I love me some Coca-Cola! So, Chris will have a few, Hudson will have a couple and that leaves me to the rest of a 60lb bag of fresh Apalachicola Oysters...NummyNummy!!!!!  I might share with a neighbor and a few friends but not many 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.